Pokeplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokeplay

A forum for a play by post Pokemon Roleplay

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

On the road. (Richard)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mort23

On the road. (Richard) Empty
PostSubject: On the road. (Richard)   On the road. (Richard) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 11:56 pm

on the road.
Back to top Go down
Twoseph
Admin
Twoseph

PostSubject: Re: On the road. (Richard)   On the road. (Richard) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 4:27 pm

Your ferry chugs along peacefully in the early morning water, under a heavy blanket of mist; the ocean looks more like blue stained glass being cut by the boat's wake. The wakes are the only features on the ocean for as far as you can see.

Several fisherman have their lines dangling on the side of the boat, chatting idly about the state of Kanto, and politics. A few crewmen walk back and forth, looking focused as they work.

Your fair cost you 2500 yen, one way. Your total for the pokeballs and food was 1000 yen.
Back to top Go down
https://pokeplay.rpg-board.net
Mort23

PostSubject: Re: On the road. (Richard)   On the road. (Richard) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 6:34 pm

Richard leans on the railing of the fairy feeling a little motion sickness, he had never liked boats. Rubbing his face with his handshe trys to think how he is going to pay the insaine fair price when he needs to return here. Turning around he slides down with his back up against the rails and trys to take a nap till they reach the main land.
Back to top Go down
Twoseph
Admin
Twoseph

PostSubject: Re: On the road. (Richard)   On the road. (Richard) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 6:14 pm

You drift off to sleep, assisted by the gentle rocking of the ferry, trodding along across the ocean.

You wake up in a splash, wet, and buoyed by choppy waves. When you fell asleep, you must have slipped between the railings, being a tiny 15 year old, and tumbled out the side of the deck. The ferry can be seen some hundred meters away, and in it's wake you see the dancing of pokemon. You ride the waves up and down, as they toss and tumble you over.

You'll need to think fast, the ferry is already too far away to call for help in the ocean.
Back to top Go down
Mort23

PostSubject: Re: On the road. (Richard)   On the road. (Richard) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 12:14 am

Cursing himself for being so stupid, Richard quickly scans the water looking for anything he can use as a flotation device. About 20 feet away he see's a peace of drift wood and quickly swims over to it. When he gets to it grabs on and as he catches his breath he starts looking around for a pokemon that might be able to get him to shore. Not being such a good swimmer he looks for one that would be easy to catch, like a magicarp or a goldeen knowing that he cant use his charmander here.
Back to top Go down
Twoseph
Admin
Twoseph

PostSubject: Re: On the road. (Richard)   On the road. (Richard) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 5:01 pm

As you looks around for the nearest water pokemon to hopefully latch upon, you can see a few meters below you, a krabby caught in the riptide. It doesn't seem to notice you at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Mort23

PostSubject: Re: On the road. (Richard)   On the road. (Richard) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 6:26 pm

Taking a moment to think Richard knowing he does not have much time left and not wanting to risk scaring it away trying to catch it he quickly grabs some food out of his backpack and carefuly swims down in front of the craby to try a lure it to the surface without startling it. Maybe if he is careful he can persuade it to pull him to shore. Carefully he waves the food in front of the craby letting some of it flout to the surface and gesturing upward as well trying to get the craby to follow him.
Back to top Go down
Twoseph
Admin
Twoseph

PostSubject: Re: On the road. (Richard)   On the road. (Richard) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 7:00 pm

The krabby doesn't seem to react to the food as much as you wanted it to. It may not realize it is food, since it's wild. You may want to try another method.
Back to top Go down
Mort23

PostSubject: Re: On the road. (Richard)   On the road. (Richard) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 11:13 pm

Seeing that the Crabby is not getting the idea Richard swims back up to get his breath. After resting for a moment he can see that the crabby is not moving. Thinking that maybe it is stuck he decides to try one more thing. He takes a pokeball from his bag and swims back down behind the Crabby and drops the pokeball on top of it in the hopes that it is tired from trying to get out of the rip tide and will be able to catch it.
Back to top Go down
Twoseph
Admin
Twoseph

PostSubject: Re: On the road. (Richard)   On the road. (Richard) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 5:26 pm

Alright, I need a 1d20 roll, post the results here.
Back to top Go down
Mort23

PostSubject: Re: On the road. (Richard)   On the road. (Richard) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 10:37 pm

I rolled a 13.
Back to top Go down
Twoseph
Admin
Twoseph

PostSubject: Re: On the road. (Richard)   On the road. (Richard) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 5:59 pm

The pokeball wiggles once, twice, three times...

After that third wiggle, time seems to slow down, and all around you the water slows down. The white crests of waves remind you of mountain peaks, as they seem to last forever while the wave crashes down, turning in on itself. You hear the click of a caught pokemon, but it sounds dull and drawn out. You feel a powerful weight on your chest, and your eyelids feel heavy. If you didn't know any better, you'd think you were having an asthma attack. But you're not even breathing right now.

From deep beneath you, two dark blue eyes stare upwards. A large shape moves quickly, completely shadow. But the eyes... you're almost certain they were looking at you.

And for a moment, just one brief moment, drawn out from the bizarre phenomena, your gazes met. The deep shadow throws it's wings behind it, propelling itself forward, very quickly it vanishes away and into the depths.

The pokeball is being turned in the riptide, but you grab it quickly.
Back to top Go down
Mort23

PostSubject: Re: On the road. (Richard)   On the road. (Richard) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 2:23 am

Regaining his wits Richard remembers he needs to breath and quickly swims back to the surface with his new crabby. After getting back up to the surface Richard looks around for his peace of wood. Seeing it about 20 feet away he swims over to it and catches his breath for a few minutes.

After getting his breath back Richard calls out his crabby grabs on to it and has it start swimming in the direction that the ferry was headed all the while wondering what it was he saw down below.
Back to top Go down
Mort23

PostSubject: Re: On the road. (Richard)   On the road. (Richard) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 2:40 am

(new thread)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: On the road. (Richard)   On the road. (Richard) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

On the road. (Richard)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pokeplay :: The Game :: Kanto-
Jump to: